Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

ANTM. WTF?

Even though I think I called it a while back (didn't I say something like "They haven't had a Latina yet?"), I'm still stunned that they picked Jaslene.    Were Naima and Danielle just too articulate?  Sure, Naima mumbled and Danielle sounds like Annie off the Pickle Wagon (thanks Caroline's mom!), but they were missing that "dude, what is wrong with her?  Is she deaf maybe?" response that Jaslene brings.  I wish I had heard Natasha's exit speech..."They picked me to be second because two is a bigger number and I'm going to be big!  Also, the winners are never successful in modeling."  I really thought Natasha was going to get it b/c Tyra so clearly loves her.  But try as she might to mine that girl's shady past, she could not get through the wall.  And a wall with no delicious, salty leaks does NOT get to be America's Next Top Model.  They totally could have sent her to the Covergirl plant in Baltimore and had her spin it as the Best Field Trip Ever.  Her "My Life as a Covergirl" spots would have been awesome.  Sigh.

So Jaslene gets to be the first Hispanic, hearing impaired, male, America's Next Top Model.  Whatever.  I'm holding out for my dream cast now.  Good suggestions all.  I, too, had considered Elyse, but I was afraid that she might actually be sane.  Plus, she gets work and probably wouldn't come.  But Janice as Mrs. Garrett is perfect.  Gold.  I think I'll pitch this...

Oh, and Janet--I actually thought of Amy Jo when I was up that late.  Thought I'd end up painting quotes on my wall.  And now, I actually may.  I've decided our family motto and creed should be "Don't be an asshole."  But in Latin so it sounds classy.  Amy, get those boys on a translation for me.  It'll look lovely above the family room entryway...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, great minds....

You called Jaslene on my blog in like, March.  But I know, it's really easy to second guess yourself on things like Jaslene winning a prettiness competition.

I actually have a friend who actually watches runway fashion shows.  She says that she sees quite a few of the ex-ANTM cast members.  So I think that more of these girls get work than we realize.  Because we do not watch runway fashion shows.

Anonymous said...

I saw a teaser on You Tube the very first week that was supposed to spoil it and tell you that natasha won.  I spent the whole season thinking, NO WAY she made it through another week the spoiler is right.  How can that be?

My question is...what are they supposed to be able to do to win...runway, video commercials, and print...editorial and more commercial.  They are supposed to be able to do it all, right?  Well, they always cut the ones who actually could do it all in the beginning.  Then they have to pick the least worst nearing the end.

Anonymous said...

I agree with todlertrouble.  However, the only one who could do it all this season was Renee.  And at 20, Renee looks 30.  At this point she could advertise for like, Macy's maybe or do baby-product commercials in which she plays a mom.  By 30 she'll look 45 and will be doing LL Bean catalogs.  By 40 she'll look 60 and will be the new spokesperson for Liberty Mutual.  Cigarette anyone?  

Anonymous said...

Didn't that totally suck?  Jaslene scares me.  Natasha was scary too, but at least she's a girl.

I'll get to work on your Latin translation.

Anonymous said...

Asinus non est.  (don't be an ass - Latin)

Followers