Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, June 9, 2006

So much for all that free time...

I was supposed to do all this catching up, wasn't I?  Crap.  Turns out, I tend to just go to bed.  Steve dowloaded the latest season of House for me to watch while he was in Korea and I haven't watched ANY of them.  By the time I've gotten everyone to bed, I can just barely read my email and then I'm out.

Okay, before I forget, I had Lily cuteness I wanted to write down...  We were in the car and she said, "Mommy?  Do girls have boyfriends?"  "Well, some of them do..."  "August (kid down the street) is my boyfriend."  "Yes, August is a boy and he's your friend!"  "Mommy. (said with ultimate patience) He's my boyfriend."  Ah.

We passed a bridal shop and Lily was admiring the fancy dresses.  There was a flower girl's dress which prompted a "Oh LOOK!  a little one!"  So I told her about flower girls and how Julianna had been a flower girl for Aunt Stacey and Uncle John (I felt it best not to bring up Uncle Brent and She Who Must Not Be Named).  "Can I do that?"  I told her that we were fresh out of upcoming weddings (can't tell her that the cute will wear off soon and no one will want her throwing flowers anymore).  Barely a moment passed before she told me "Corn, who lives in California--which is far, but not as far as Korea--her mom and dad are having a wedding and I'm going to be the flowergirl."  "Wow, that sounds fun."  "So can I go?"  "Hm?"  "Can I go?  To California."  "Uh, well, since Corn is pretend, I think you can pretend to go."  "NOOO!  She's REAALLL!" "Uh...er...okay...um, well then, we'll need to talk about it I guess."  Then she whispers "I'm just pretending I think it's real" and then back to full volume: "I want to go FOR REAL!"  Mommy is just not together enough to follow stuff that's this complicated.  Cut me some slack, Jack.  Corn's parents, by the way?  They are named Corn and Mr. Jerry.  No real surprise that they live in Californina.  Steve said, "Corn, Corn, and Mr. Jerry?  I think I saw them at the Filmore." and Lily said, in her long suffering, child of doofus parents way, "No Daddy, I do not have any film."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corn? Children of the Corn......hm, what? are they on part 10 of that now?

She is something silly :)

Followers