Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sex and Politics

There's this town on the way from Frederick to Hanover, PA.  It's called Littlestown and until now, its only claim to fame was a really seedy looking strip club called Sensations (perpetually "hiring new dancers").  There was an election yesterday.  As I drove up to visit my friend, Stacey, I noticed this campaign sign:



"Damned unfortunate name."  I thinks to meself, thinks I.  I recall seeing this lovely street name in town and connect the two:



I'd always thought what a lovely street address that would be.  Then I saw THIS campaign sign, a little farther down the road:



and that's when I reached for the camera phone.  I mean, I'm sure the Kuntz's of Basehoar Alley are lovely people and all...

"It's pronouced Koontz" they tell me.  Then SPELL it that way, ferpetesakes.    It's not like living in a suburb of Hanover isn't punishment enough.  And why do I suspect that a sheriff named Kuntz would be a bit of an asshole?  Or, close to an asshole, anyway...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo bad.. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love you man!

Anonymous said...

OMG!  And the town sees nothing funny here?

Anonymous said...

christ almighty deana that made me howl and scream. My children came down and said "mommy! what's the matter?" I'm afraid I had to send the link to about ten of my nearest and dearest, I hope you don't mind
xo
rose

Anonymous said...

nothing funny has happened to you since May?  Come on Deana!

Claire

Followers