Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, June 15, 2007

teacher let the monkeys out!

Today was the last day of school.  I celebrated by coming home from dropping the kids off and taking my last morning nap until fall.  I even set my alarm wrong and overslept so that I had to dash out of the house still groggy and all sleep-mouthed.  yay!

I've been utterly worthless ever since.  I did manage to take my camera in and take end-of-year pics for comparison's purposes:








Look at the growth on those first two kids!  Lily has changed the least, I think.

And now there are like 30 kids in my yard.  Well, there were.  It's gone quiet.  I think I heard a "ready or not, here I come" so I"m assuming they're hiding on purpose.  Pizza's on the stove.  Taro and Maeve came over to give Lily custody of the cricket they caught yesterday and are "sharing."  Allie came home with Julianna after school.  Kaileigh is here from up the street.  Wolfgang is around here somewhere...So we've hit the ground running.  I'll get a big water cooler for outside and lay in a supply of bunny crackers.  We've got a "mock" swim meet tomorrow (you call that a crawlstroke?  I've seen better crawling on NEWBORNS!) at 7:45 am.  so let the summer commence!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a dream this morning that I was skiing with Lily.  I was trying to teach her to turn and stop, but she was clearly already better than me.  And then I lost her.  This is the second dream in which I've lost one of your children.  I think that means: you should never ask me to watch your kids.

Anonymous said...

Good God - you clearly haven't been using the coffee-cigarette-donut diet I told you about.  Julianna and Ben have totally grown up this year.  Make it stop.  And send me some tights like Lily has - they'd be perfect for the beach.

Followers