Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Give 'em the finger

Yesterday, Lily's class had their end-of-year carnival.   It was an intimidatingly well run affair with 7 stations and bell-ringing to tell the kids when to switch stations...lists of things to check off...organized, color-coded groups... Anyway, I was manning the "decorate a photo frame" station, in which the kids got to stick stickers to a paper frame.  This took them about 3 minutes, leaving a LOT of time for me to distract them from wandering around the room.  This seems to be the theme of my life lately, corralling other people's preschoolers.  This time, I let them take extra stickers and put them on my face.  This was High Comedy, I tell you.  Then I showed them my secret disguise...the finger mustache.  I know it will be hard to believe, but the second photo is me, also.


This brilliant idea was shown to me by Michelle of Small Angels, who totally has awesomeness baked right in.  And, as she pointed out, the very best thing about the finger mustache is that it's got websites.  Oh yes.  I was all, "I have my tattoo.  How awesome would this be?"  Awesome yes, but common enough that tattoo sites will point out that it should be considered a "novelty tattoo" b/c that area of skin gets so much friction that it can mess up your tat.  Here is a very very awesome local news--FOX news, no less--story about the Finger Mustache Phenomenon.  I'm clearly sooo far behind the curve. 

And, as all things internet must, it turned to cats:


It's the internet exponent.  Anything funny is made that much funnier by the addition of cats.  And hell, you have 10 fingers, why not get an emo tear, too?



My kids reacted to my clever disguise as follows:  Ben nearly cracked a rib laughing.  Julianna thought I was telling her she had something on her lip and went into that panicked wiping-off gesture.  Lily said, "I know it's you, Mommy."

Personally, I'm partial to the handlebar finger mustache, but I suspect the Hitler would be a hoot as well.  Especially on a cat.  And then you could send it in to catsthatlooklikehitler.com .  I love you, internets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now we know what Ben's 1st tattoo will be, lol

Followers