Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm Doctor Doolittle.

We have two cats, Maggie and Allie.  They have very different personalities (see how I didn't say purrsonalities?  That's 'cause I'm not a loser.  I might have gone with catsonalities, though.).  My personality, like Maggie's, tends toward the lazy and forgetful.  That being the case, I have one of those continuous feeder things for them.  We've got an arkload of animals, so two less to fret about is a good thing.  But back to the lazy and forgetful?  I forget to check it, even when reminded by Friend-to-Kitties Steve.  So they ran out of food sometime yesterday and I didn't notice. 

They pointed this lapse of attention out to me in their own ways...Maggie, bless her heart, is not the cleverest of kitties, but she is sweet.  She glommed onto me and slept on top of me all night (Hm.  Maggie's very affectionate this evening.  Sweet kitty.).  Allie, on the other hand left a dead newborn rabbit on the top step leading to the bathroom where the empty food bowl resides.  I did not take the hint.  I whisked it away before the kids saw it ("It's a chipmunk...yeah, they're cute, bad kitty.  No you can't see it").  So she tried again.  This morning, another dead newborn bunny on the threshold to the bathroom.  And Allie, looking at me like, "there's more where this came from lady.  Fill the bowl."  So I filled the bowl.  I hope I don't meet that mama rabbit.  Sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell 'friend-to-the-kitties' Steve he is welcome to feed the little buggers!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he usually does the feeding.  he's in CA, though.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh.... Look on the bright side.  It's not like the kids are leaving you dead baby bunnies because you forgot to feed them!  

   

Anonymous said...

EWWWWW!!!!! That's almost as bad as a horse head!!

Followers