Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Saturday, April 2, 2005

Guinea Pig Bathtime!

I noticed the last couple of days that the guinea pigs feel...oogy.  It's best not to think about WHY they might be oogy.  They're generally clean little things, grooming themselves like cats, but apparently they need baths now and again.  According to "The Proper Care of Guinea Pigs" (I'm a sucker for a British title), they need a washin' every 3 months or so.  We've had ours for 5, so I guess they're due.  Given the claw-and-tooth festival of fun that is a Cat Bath, I was braced for the worse.  I don't know why, since pigs are prey animals and not all that damn smart.  They freeze when frightened, so well, I just washed them.  It was totally worth it for the moment when they realized they were being submerged.  La, la. la. the people are holding me...dum de dum...GAH!!  WHAT THE!!  okay.  very still.  the Bringer of Wet will go away if I appear dead.  No one cares if a dead pig is clean or not. still.  stillll.....GO BREAK FOR IT! GO! crap.  try dead again...  They were crazy cute when all bedraggled and wet though:

Rosie and my Man Hands:


All snug in a towel  Awwww.


Ben insisted on being the photographer for the Washing of Gypsy.  He took about 10 pics. They all looked like this:


Devil pig in a dishtowel.  (sounds like a dish at a Peruvian bufffet)


And onto a heating pad in a pen until dry:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No one cares if a dead pig is clean or not." This part had my kids rolling with laughter. We all oohed and ahhed over the cute little wet piggies!

Bonnie

Followers