Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Monday, July 10, 2006

And now, the photo fest

People who could give a rat's ass about my pictures can just move along for this entry.  In fact, just go away if you cannot be bothered to coo over my children.  Well, no.  As long as you still tell me how funny I am, I guess I can forgo the compliments on the kids.  But you HAVE to do one or the other, got it?  Both is best and will get you a holiday card.  Or gratitude.

Okay, first to play catch-up.  the Caldwell reunion was last month, but I never mentioned it or put up pictures.  Mustn't make the Caldwell Clan feel that I'm ashamed of them.  Also mustn't post the rear-view pic of everyone loading plates at the "salad" table.  Instead, I'll start with this one of cousiny goodness.  Mikayla and Julianna:

I did a lot of sitting on the porch, reading.  Here I am with my Aunt Pat.  I'm the one with the odd expression.

And my mom, on the end, demonstrates that this inability to look good in a photo is genetic:

Lily and Emma.  I mean, really, couldn't you just eat Lily?  She might be a bit bitter, though...

Best shot of the day, though:  Amish buggy pulling a motor boat.  You can't see it in the photo, but the people in the buggy are probably late teens, early 20s.  Sunglasses and revelry.  But no buttons.




Later, it was the 4th of July.  Well, the 2nd of July.  We went up to the house of a friend with a fireworks addiction.  He goes to Pennsylvania and buys things I cannot BELIEVE they'll sell to people with no license.  You can't buy beer in a liquor store there, but you can buy heavy explosives.  We started with the little ones, though.  First, this one:

Which, sadly, was visited by tanks...

You have to love a shot like this. 

Okay, then this weekend was the Whitaker reunion, which was actually very nice and involved talking.  There was salad, of course, and my sister did her part by providing Ritz crackers dipped in chocolate (okay, yes, they're delicious, but something about dessert made of Ritz crackers always cracks me up).  I saw cousins I haven't seen in ages, some of which I even recognized (Lisa, Stephanie, yes.  Vaunelle, no).  Fredo came along and was even well-behaved.  No bed pooping.  No roof climbing.  No medicine eating (oh yes.  I'll have to tell you about that one.  It involved combing the neighborhood for a turkey baster). Here's our immediate crew.  I cannot BELIEVE I thought my hair looked good.  oy.

My dad and his brothers (he's second from the left).  Is there a family resemblence, you think? 

Okay.  Beach pics are next.  Prepare.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Caldwell Clan, THAT IS salad :)

Love the photos; poor friendship pagoda. The amish buggy photo is too freaking funny!

Anonymous said...

OK - coo, cute kids.  Are you happy now?  You ARE funny, though.  My kids must never learn there is such a thing as a "friendship pagoda" you can blow up - NEVER.  And, who knew  there was such a thing as "boating-Amish?"  

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures, Lily IS edible.. the Amish buggy cracks me up, but is part of their deal with kids just before baptism.  Now, Miss, when do you think you might let us see the next set of pictures like you promised??? hehe

Followers