Once upon a time, a blog was started at AOL Journals. The scales fell from the eyes of The Creator and it was moved to Wordpress. Then Journals tanked and all old posts were moved here for safekeeping.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Okay, rip it off.

The band-aid, that is.  Your mind is in the gutter.  The longer I go between posts, the harder it is to jump back in.  I feel like I have to fill in all that's happened and that's daunting.  I'll think, "Don't be an idiot.  It's a diary.  So just write."  As if.  This is all about the feedback.  If no one every lol-ed me, I'd quit entirely, fame (okay, just attention) whore that I am.

So.  Here we are.  School year wrapping up.  We had our End-of-Year-Picnic and Silent Auction yesterday.  It went really well, I think.  I'd helped Ben's and Julianna's classes to make class projects to auction off and helped to organized getting someone to work on the other projects.  Those class items did really well.  Better than the stupid baskets, so nyah.  Some dude paid $100 for the nightstand Julianna's class painted and made to look like the work of a schizophrenic.  Enjoy, oh arts patron!

On Thursday, I'll accompany Julianna on her 3rd grade camping trip. In the Montessori school, third grade is the end of lower elementary.  Next year, they go to upper el, so this is a rite of passage type of thing.  We're going to Rocky Gap State Park which is in Flintsone, Maryland.  Apparently, I'll be using some sort of sharp-beaked bird to play my phonograph records.  We all loaded up the wagon and went to Montgomery County to buy provisions for our trip.  There's an REI store, so we got the Hobitat 4 tent.  It's a tad more money than the leaky $45 number I got at Target last week.  But I'm willing to pay to be dry.  I'm too old to shiver in the cold.  Now my only quandry is caffeine--how to get it into my system as soon after waking as possible. I'm unlikely to be the only addict in the group (although, amusingly, the one other parent with whom I discussed my twitchy distress is Mormon.  I'm sure he felt smug), I just need to find out who's making the Starbucks run.

Lily's dance recital is in two weeks.  Just in time for her to reach that really contrary 3 and a half year old stage where she delights in not doing what is expected of her.  I fully expect her to sulk and refuse to go on.  I'll be sure to post pics.

And speaking of pictures, I have lovely ones from this year's fairy festival.  I'll get to them.  Promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camping??  Is it too late to hold Julianna back a year?  

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip, and good luck with the caffeine thing.. I'd be right along with you.

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL That oughta do you for today :)

Followers